We are all sometimes in the same situation, simply tired of eating the same food every day, over and over again. And for the healthy snacks, some reach for an apple, some reach for a banana, but are you getting the most benefits out of that? Because we have a good reason for you to chop your banana and mix it up.
It is known as synergy. Not only that you get a lot more nutrients by eating these fruits, but these nutrients are also working together to provide even more health benefits for you. Consider it a compounding interest, but with fruit.
This fruit salad is very simple to prepare, you just need the fruits, some lime and some honey. The major key to this salad, is making sure all the fruits that are going to be used are perfectly ripe!
Rainbow Fruit Salad with Honey & Lime
- 4 kiwis, sliced and peeled
- 3 mandarin oranges, peeled and section
- 1 lb of strawberries, sliced
- 6 oz of blackberries
- 12 oz of blueberries
- 1 lb of pineapple, diced
- 2 ripe bananas
Honey & Lime Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons of organic lime zest
- 1/4 cup of organic honey
- Mix all the fruits in a bowl together.
- In another smaller bowl, mix the lime zest, lime juice and honey.
- Then pour the dressing over the fruit salad, until all the fruits are covered in it.