There are many different types of chamomile, and the ones that contain the most medicinal qualities are the Roman and German ones. The Roman Chamomile essential oil has been used for the natural treatment of skin conditions, inflammation and digestive issues for hundreds of years.
The oil is made from the steam-distilled flowers of the plant and it has a fruity, fresh, sweet and apple-like smell. After the distillation, the oil changes its color from light blue to dark green when it’s fresh, and after it is stored, it changes its color one more time to dark yellow.
However, this doesn’t meant that the oil is losing its medicinal properties. Chamomile has around 120 secondary metabolites, including 36 flavonoids and 28 terpenoids. The Roman chamomile essential oil is mostly contained with tiglic and angelic acid, as well as with a-pinene and farnesene, which have vert strong antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties.
It has strong antioxidant, antimicrobial and antispasmodic properties, and it offers countless health benefits, including:
- This essential oil is a characteristic antispasmodic, so it eases menstrual spasms and body yearns because of PMS. Diffuse the oil at home to improve your state of mind and alleviate PMS manifestations, or add it to a steaming shower and absorb it.
- Roman chamomile essential oil has strong calming characteristics that treat dermatitis, gout, poison ivy, and other skin aggravations. Apply a couple of drops to a cotton ball, and afterward spot onto the affected area.
- Roman essential oil improves rest, brings down feelings of anxiety, and battles insomnia.
- This essential oil assuages nervousness and has gentle narcotic properties that quiet the nerves. Include a couple of drops of it to your water and tea, or to a hot shower, and enable it to loosen up you.
- Roman chamomile oil treats blockage and swelling brought about by hypersensitivities, and its topical application treats aggravations brought about by nourishment sensitivities.
- The flavonoids in Roman chamomile oil infiltrate into more profound layers of the skin and treat rheumatoid joint pain indications.
- Roman chamomile essential oil is wealthy in flavonoids, which advance heart health, loosen up the heart, lower pulse, and definitely bring down the danger of mortality from coronary illness.
- This essential oil added to some tea treats gastrointestinal conditions and issues like gas, heartburn, acid reflux, looseness of the bowels and sickness.
So, you might want to start using this essential oil, since it can provide numerous health benefits, and can treat various health issues and ailments!
Be aware that this essential oil can cause vomiting, if used in larger amounts. Avoid this essential oil while breastfeeding and during pregnancy. For the external use, dilute it with a carrier oil, such as coconut or jojoba oil in order to prevent from irritations.