Coughs and breathing difficulties are brought about by a nasal block that is frequently a result of the excess measure of mucus collected in the lungs. Whenever left untreated, they can cause various severe health conditions.
Our body produces mucus as an approach to protect itself from viruses, dust and allergies, yet it thickens in case of viruses and allergens, that way it traps substances that are foreign. However, when it gathers in excess amounts, it can cause ung infections and bronchial issues.
But, there are some natural ways that can cleanse the breathing paths and get rid of excess phlegm from the body:
It is a strong decongestant, that eliminates respiratory diseases. You can prepare peppermint tea by boiling fresh peppermint leaves in some water, sweeten the tea with honey, and let it steep for a few minutes.
It is a powerful decongestant, with powerful expectorant and antiviral properties, which treat respiratory diseases. Cut the new ginger root, boil it in some water, and sweeten it with some honey.
It has incredible antiseptic and antibacterial properties, which clear excess mucus, treat infections and boost immunity.
Honey & Lemon
Combine 2 tablespoons of lemon juice with 1 tablespoon of honey in a bowl, and consume it three times every day. This simple mixture relieves from coughs, prevents infections and strengthens the immune system.
Eucaliptus Oil or Tea
Have antiseptic properties that easea breathing and treat upper respiratory infections. Boil it in some water, enable it to steep, and consume it throughout the day.
It has powerful antiseptic properties, boosts the immune system and eliminates bacteria. You can gargle with a mixture of garlic oil and water, or you can eat it raw.
So, the next time you have a cough or you are suffering from some type of respiratory issue, give these simple tricks a try, to treat the condition naturally.
Below in the list, you can learn about some other tips that can help you get rid of excess mucus or phlegm:
- Try to avoid secondhand smoke and smoking in general.
- To reduce the discomfort keep your head elevated.
- Don’t try to suppress the cough, because it is the body’s natural way to get rid of the secretions in order to cleanse the throat and lungs.
- Apply a wet, warm washcloth on your face, and try to inhale it through in order to retun the moisture to your throat and nose, while the heat relieves you from pressure and pain.
- Put some eucalyptus products your warm bath or a diffuser in order to clean your nose.
- Gargle with a mixture of salt and water, in order to cleanse from the residual mucus and soothe an irritated throat.
- Use a rinse or a saline nasal spray, in order to eliminate the allergens and mucus from your sinuses and nose.
- Drink a lot of water (fluids in general), to keep your body hydrated, that way the mucus will become thinner.
- Dry air irritates the nose and the throat, keep the air moist.
- One of the most effective ways to eliminate excess mucus is through stem inhalation, this will also soothe irritations, treat infections, and cleanse your lungs and chest as well.